Bonnyville Registry

Visit Us   |    587-792-1800

Phase 3 Re-opening Information
As of July 1st, 2021, all public health restrictions for retail businesses have been removed.

 Our registry will continue the following measures to protect customers and staff:

 Use of physical barriers, enhanced sanitization measures, staff masking and monitoring of staff for illness. Physical distancing is still required.

 Please wear a mask if you want, and please respect other people’s choices. Masking and sanitization remain mandatory for road tests.

 Some people are still required to be cautious and may need space. Please be kind and understanding.

 We want to continue to make our premises safe for our customers and staff.

 Please remember to be kind. Everyone has different levels of comfort, and some may be different than yours.

Thank you for your understanding!

Monday to Friday:
8:30 – 4:30
We are closed on August 2, 2021.
Have a great long weekend!

This Months Vehicle Renewals:

F, T, Po

Bonnyville Registry

Click Here For Directions


We are a full service Alberta Registry Agent providing professional, courteous service to Albertans.

We offer all Motor vehicle and Drivers Licensing Services including all Classes of Road Testing, Vital Statistics services including Marriage Licenses, Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates, etc., Corporate Registry Services including Incorporations, Filing of Annual Returns, Dissolutions, Revivals, Corporate Searches etc. Land Title, Personal Property Searches, and Health Care Registration

Frequently Asked Questions:

Ive Lost My ID…what Do I Need To Do To Replace It?

To replace an Alberta Driver’s Licence or Alberta ID Card, you will need to bring in other pieces of government issued ID to verify your identity. These include, but are not limited to:

  • An original Birth Certificate.
  • An Alberta health care card
  • A valid passport
  • A firearms licence
  • A Canadian Military ID

If you have no other sources of identification, you will need to bring in recent bills, bank statements or government mail – as much as possible, so that we can go into your account to verify identity in other ways. A registry agent must have some sources of ID to be able to go into your account to verify your information.

My License Is Expired…what Do I Need To Renew It?

If your license has recently expired, you will need to bring in one other piece of valid government ID to renew (see above).

If your license has been expired for more than 6 months, you will need to prove residency and legal presence in Alberta.

For residency, you will need to have recent mail, no older than 90 days, such as bills or bank statements.

For legal presence, you will need to have one of the following:

  • A Canadian Birth Certificate
  • A valid Canadian Passport
  • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
  • A Permanent Resident card
  • A valid Work Permit.
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (Federal Issued)
We Don’t Need A Sticker For Our Licence Plates… What Happens Now? Do I Need A New Plate On My Vehicle?

As of January 2021, stickers on license plates are no longer required to prove valid registration on a vehicle. You will still need to have your paper copy of registration.

You do not need to change your license plates or remove the old stickers from the plates.

When the current stock of plates has depleted, there will be new plates available reflecting these changes, however, it is not necessary to change your license plate when these roll out later this year.

Just Bought A Vehicle? In Most Cases You Will Need The Following To Register:
  • an original bill of sale or lease agreement
  • an original New Vehicle Information Statement (NVIS) if purchasing a new and unused vehicle or factory invoice with a cover letter from the dealership
  • proof of insurance (electronic is ok)
  • valid photo ID
  • a completed & signed Authorization for Vehicle Services form if one of the registrants is not present

Please call our office or email us at for any questions you may have about registering your vehicle.

Latest Updates

We are implementing procedures to keep our employees safe including social distancing and plexiglass separators.